Thursday, May 3, 2012

What I love About Music

So I thought I'd dive a little deeper into what it is exactly that I love about music. So here we go!

Music has always been an important part of my family and so, growing up I've been exposed to a lot of music. Whilst my parents may not have had the widest selection of music, they certainly helped to grow my love of the art form. My parents played their music constantly, in the car, at home, while cooking dinner, while I tried to watch tv... etc :) I remember when we went on long drives we'd always listen to a tape of 'The Seekers'... I listen to those songs now and they've become so nostalgic...

Anyway, my parents also loved playing music and they passed this on to my sister and I when they gave us both piano lessons. Today, I love listening and playing music. The best songs for me, are ones where the music and lyrics of a song compliment each other in an incredible and beautiful way. I love how music can shape and build on the mood you're in. I love how I can stay up 'till 3am playing guitar and singing in my back room. Music is just amazing.

So I guess I'll give you some examples of some songs that really 'do it' for me...

Anyway, I think it doesn't really matter what genre of music it is... so long as I can identify the beauty and the passion in a song. That's what I really love about music.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment