Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Devin Townsend

So you've now had a look at my love for Blink-182 and all the members, so I think it's time to bring in my love for someone else. 


Devin Townsend is an amazing man in music, but due to his sound he is highly looked over by the "mainstream" crowd. But you know what? I'm okay with that. I'd rather he have listeners that understand him to some extent rather than the mindless followers of mainstream artists like Nicki Minaj. 


Devin Townsend has a vocal range that is absolutely insane, with different albums and connections to different groups, as well as a solo career for some time. Without going into too much detail, this is a quick description of his musical career.




Member of: Strapping Young Lad/The Devin Townsend Band
Looks like: 




Individual Career
Looks Like: 





Member of: The Devin Townsend Project
Looks Like: 


Devin has released over 20 albums. The best thing about them though is the difference between some of the genres. Ghost as an album by DTP is ambient. It was all i listened to when i studied, because it formed the perfect level of background music that I didn't have to think about, but it stopped my own thoughts from running a muck. I'll then post another song from his early days in Strapping Young Lad.
I encourage you to have a listen to things that he does, I truly can't explain how different and great every single one of his albums are, even though there are so many, and not all of them are my favourite genres.

Devin Townsend Project - Feather

Strapping Young Lad - Love?

Devin Townsend - Kingdom

The Devin Townsend Project - Hyperdrive

And just to leave you with another one of his projects, Ziltoid the puppet. A metaphor for his life and journey to getting clean. Heavy symbolism combined with one hell funny puppet that likes coffee. :)




xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment