To me, Angels & Airwaves is one of the most incredible bands out there today. The amount of passion the band has for their music, along with their fans and their overall space theme makes them completely different to anything i've ever experienced. Under the direction of Tom they have produced four albums, We Dont Need To Whisper (2006), I-Empire (2007), Love Part I (2010) and Love Part II (2011). Every time I listen to any of these albums, but in particular Love Part II, I don't even feel like i'm human. I feel like i'm floating through space, on top of a mountain, and just that no matter what i'm dealing with, i'm not alone.
When I first heard the song Saturday Love, after months of waiting for the album Love Part II, I just sat there with my eyes closed while it took me away. Give it a listen, and just let it flow through you.
“We’re not played on the radio.. We’re not played on TV.. You found us.. And we found you.”
| — | Tom DeLonge |
I saw Angels & Airwaves live on the 29th of February 2012, and it was the best night of my life. I was standing a meter from my idol, and he played every single one of my favourite songs. It might sound weird but I cried a few times throughout that night. It was a mixture of happiness, excitement and just pure raw emotions that I can't even label. The crowd was deadly, by the end of the night none of us knew who we were squashed up against, but none of us cared. And even though none of us knew each other, we knew who we were there for and for the first time, everything made sense in that moment of time.
Have you heard of the website Setlist.fm? It's absolutely amazing, it practically gives you the stat's about a bands setlists at different concerts.
This was what AVA played at the UNSW Roundhouse when I was there :)
And here are the photos that were taken by Sludgefactory :)
I'm just going to stop typing about Angels & Airwaves now, I can't explain how much they mean to me and that's okay :) That's the great thing about music, you don't have to explain.
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment