This is Tom Delonge, and he's my idol.
Tom has famously been a member of Blink-182 from 1992-2005 and then reunited with other band members Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker during 2009 after their well publicised hiatus. A lot of blame and people were hurt by the break up, including not only the band members but the fans who had been with them since the start. But no one knows the complete story, so I really think unless you're Tom, Mark or Travis, you can't sit here pointing fingers at what happened..
During the hiatus, Tom formed two side projects, Box Car Racer with Travis Barker and Angels & Airwaves. You can track his maturation, his feelings and everything he went through while you listen to his music, and that's one of the things i love about him. When I listen to Box Car Racer I can hear all the pain, frustration and how misunderstood he felt in the final year or so of his membership to Blink-182
He's my idol because he represents everything that I love about life. He believes that we're not the only ones out there in the universe, that themes like Love extend beyond just being a human emotion, but a facet of life itself.
I've never met him, but when I do, I just want the opportunity to say thank you.
xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment